<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Thursday, January 5



The Year of Madness for me

2011


It started with the ordinary mundane routine at the old company..
Work, occasional net surfing, work and then surf net again
Boring work was making me too comfortable.
Ironically getting on my nerves.

Started my paper chasing
I took the plunge and changed my job
Struggled with a culture shock
Managing overtime(s) and my course.
Getting stressed up with exams and projects.

Dear changed his job.
Managing our overtime(s) with my course
Managing our work life balance.
Managing all the above with the wedding preparations.

The wedding preparations..
Compromising between ideas and traditions..
Made my parents unhappy quite a bit
But they continued to support me selflessly and made sure everything goes well :)
Eventually we had to go through routine..
Got into many disagreements with each other..
And I shut myself out frequently.
Cried a river.

Bridal fittings, makeup trials.
Met the lovely peeps who knew exactly what I wanted.
Gurus who are already top class and are still learning :)

Pre-wed shoots, pre-wed videography..
Putting our idealistic juices together..
Meeting a lot of new faces..
Learnt a lot from their creative minds..
Made more new friends.
Bonding with the brothers and cousins..
Spending a bomb.

Managing the folks expectations..
Managing the folks' reluctance of me shifting out.
Managing Jeff's expectations..
The mind is forever minding which one comes first.
Like running on a scale that tilts one side every time I shift to the other side.
Preparing myself mentally for marriage life
Becoming a missus.

The best friend got married.
Got round the old folks tale..
Very glad we made it to each other's wedding.
Awed by the awesome troop that accompanied without complaints..
Enjoyed her wedding, love the way she tweaked her dress.
One dress, two designs :)

Don moved in and out of Finland, twice.
Like searching for a needle in the vast ocean.
Aimless into the unknown abyss.
Saw the pain in my parents' eyes, felt their hurt.
Especially right after I shifted out..
Especially after Hanli got enlisted.
My home suddenly becomes quiet.
Too quiet.

As always,
I missed my parents and my brothers.
I missed eating nothing but vegetables.
I missed stoning in my room for the entire night.
I missed running at midnight ;)

The year of 2011
The last year of my twenties.

*****




Labels: , , ,

irony @
10:48 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*