<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Friday, April 8


It Spells Finally

Photobucket

After what seemed close to 7 years..

Since the beginning of the year..
I dragged myself to work in all the midst of headaches and cramps.
1 km walk, 5kg bag load, bloody blisters.
Saved my leave painstakingly.
Refused to take leave unless I drop dead.
It paid off.
20 days of leave.

*****

Two Thursdays ago..
Saw the big patch of grey heavy clouds lurking dangerously around the area.
An impending storm.
Thought I could beat it by half running and half walking towards office.
But it caught me in the middle of nowhere.
No other shelters..
No bus stops, no refuge point.

Photobucket

Stunned, slumped, stranded.
Then rain came to a drizzle and I continued my way to office.
I settled down to clear the disorientation, and soon after a phone call came.
They called me up for an interview on the following Monday.

Monday came..
Albeit filled with extreme jitters..
I was determined to nail it.
Research research research.
Stayed up till late at night, went through the questions over and over again.
Big butterflies in my stomach..
And I supposed..
Being in a stagnant job for too long..
Fear for change inevitably makes its way unto you.

Right after the interview..
They asked for my references..
Wednesday I was told I got the job..
Thursday I signed the letter and did my medical checkup.
Friday I tendered.

After a week of crash handover..
The following Friday became my last day..
I seriously have no idea how people are able to job hop like nobody's business..
Going around doing proper farewells..
At least allowing people to know who to go for outstanding issues..
It's really tiring..

No matter how much frustrations I've been through in the company..
I want to leave amicably..
On a personal note, the colleagues are nice people in fact.
Human beings only become devils when it comes to work.

*****

The unknown does leech its phobia on me..
But after serious pondering..
That unknown is far more enticing as compared to hiding within the cubicle day after months after years..

*****

Labels: , , , ,

irony @
11:11 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*