<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Monday, June 21

Photobucket

*****

Photobucket

Under pressure from "someone"
I took the day off -.-
He said one should not work on his or her birthday..

So I thought I would wake up early to go for a morning run.
The thing is,
I should have known that I would not be able to make it.
Naught a morning jogger at all.
Couldnt even drag myself out of bed..

Daddy suggested we asked grandma out..
We would meet her to have vegan dim sum at Bugis.
Grandma has been extremely independent even though she's wheel chair bounded.

Kudos to her maid,
I now know how to push the wheel chair to exit the underground MRT,
How to plan ahead and cross the right curb-less traffic junction,
How to down a curb..
So we pushed her all the way to Si Ma Lu..
And then watched her do grocery shopping =)

After the meal,
She actually told us to go shopping ourselves and no need to keep having to lookout for her.
She loves loves shopping on her own.
Daddy went off on his own too.

*****

Mommy and I walked around..
Knowing that she is a coffee lover, I brought her to Starbucks.

Almost rolled on the floor laughing when she told me how she and a friend once went to Starbucks and ordered kopi-si =D

She loves the Mocha wor..

Photobucket

Chatted for a while..
Based on the coffee shop versions that they always ordered,
I wrote down the types of Starbucks coffee she and her friend would probably like so that they can order themselves the next time =p

*****

Popped over to Vivocity to meet dear..
He had his back to me as I approached the in-the-midst-of-Iphone him..
Caught a glimpse of this..

Photobucket

Passerbys were staring at him lol..

A simple day
We caught The Karate Kid and dinner aftermath at this shop that was so enigmatically hidden near Sushi Tei.

The dining area was black.
The pillars were black
The seats were black.
The lanterns were black.
Chopsticks were black.
Wet wipes were packaged in black.

After the first picture of the appetizer,
We were told pictures were allowed on humans but not food o.0?

So we POSED with the food.
The camera was supposedly shooting dear but "accidentally" pressed the zoooom button, so I "accidentally" got a picture of the xiao long bao hurhurhur..

Photobucket

Perhaps Bosses does not want competitors to grasp their food ideas..
Honestly speaking,
The Cantonese cuisine was really good.

And not forgetting the nice walk along the bay after dinner..
Water always has this soothing effect that never fails to calm me =)

*****

Photobucket

Birthdays
I've stopped celebrating them, deep down.
Funny how the birthday person always feels nonchalant about the day,
But he or she would actually brace the fire to make the day a memorable one when it comes to their friends..

Photobucket
*Vegan cake, with courtesy from mommy's friend*

It was a day of quiet reflections for me.
I thought the day should be dedicated to Mommy.
Cos she risked her life for me 28 years ago.

This year
I received loads of sms-es, flowers and jewellery.
It really warmed me..
One of them was the Swarovski..

Photobucket

Personally passed to me by Don's friend Cherie who had a flight to BJ..
Damn sweet of her lo..
Just the other night,
Another of his friend came up to our place to help Don collect his student pass.
He was also going to China to meet Don.
What did Don do to deserve such good friends..

Daddy asked Ming to call Don in BJ and they all sang me a birthday song =)

Photobucket
*Taken by dear*

一天也就这样过去了。。

*****

Labels: , , , ,

irony @
4:18 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*