Sweat trickled down into my ears..
It was humid, it was hot.
I kept glancing at the possible signs beside the road..
Any signs to indicate that I had finished another kilometer..
Any water signs to spur me on..
Any signs would do.
Water breaks gave me my rights to hydration in this heat.
Or at least they gave me the excuse to walk..
That very day..
Impossible to run throughout the 10km without water and risk getting a heat stroke.
I am definitely not a morning runner..sighz
Did that make things worse?
I stopped to walk.
The strain in my calves was impossible to ignore..
The cramps in my stomach, prominent.
Stopping to walk wasn’t the best solution because once I start running again, the demon urged my next walk.
Then I saw the magic sign..
Everyone else did.
1km left.
Suddenly there was a surge in energy..
Everyone began to sprint as fast as they could.
But I maintained my speed.
Simply because it was crazy to think 1km was a short distance especially after you ran 9km.
Funny how the runners suddenly deflated after running for a mere 200m of the remaining 1km.
Gasping large mouthfuls of oxygen as much as their lungs could grant them.
That, was my point.