Household chores
Sometimes it really baffles me
How reliant the guys are when it comes to simple housework.
Mommy had been out for the whole of last week.
I returned home day after day after work..
Only to find starving brothers and an equally water-deprived father..
Daddy said he could very well drink from the tap, not a big deal.
But when mommy came home,
He went up straight to mommy for the easy way out..
"I havent taken dinner eh, can cook maggi mee?"
Then he turned to me..
Even before I could catch my breath after getting the laundry and toilet done..
"Can boil hot water and make some milo for me?"
Then my brother came in
"I havent taken dinner too, I also want maggi mee.."
Mommy: o.0
Me: .. .. ..
*****
Work
Been pretty dazed these past fortnight.
Tired, very tired.
Work gives no more perks except insoluble nonsense.
Rendering emails dreadful..
Hailing phone calls unnerving.
5 years into my job.
I did not become an expert.
I got comfortable instead.
Too complacent in fact.
5 years since I graduated.
All the resolute ideals that I once haboured seem so vague now..
I've tossed and turned in the huge filty tank enough.
Jaded, mellowed, dispirited right to the core.
5 years into the commercial world..
Still just not cut out to play such imbecile games.
Responsibilities shoved and then snowball..
Why, why the need for such disgusted games..
5 years, naught a decade.
How am I to survive the many more years to come..
Sometimes I wish I had more courage to walk the unknown..
To brace the storm ahead..
But alas, no.
I saw hesitance, I saw reluctance.
Thy name is a mere delusion.
Learning is just an excuse.
Money is perhaps the root of all evils..
Resolution needs a hell lot of revolution.
*****
Bitching
Just the other day at lunch,
We were sitted right beside this pair of disgruntled aunties.
One of them was whining to the other..
With obvious finger pointing and exclamation of names.
Apparently lamenting the similar issues faced in most organizations.
Colleagues shoving responsibilites, self-righteously acting important.
Trying to get round the wits of one another..
And then feeling a huge sense of achievement at the ludicrous ability of throwing the workload to another..
Most of us at some point in time..
We forget that we were supposed to work for this particular corporation, as a team.
We forget that the same particular organization supported our means of living all these while..
We simply forget gratitude.
What exactly is there to compete and fight about?
Papers? Emails?
Or intangible senselessness?
So this is how human beings sounded while bitching behind others' back..
Ugly.
Try facing the person whom you are displeased with..
Telling him straight in the face..
Do they have the courage?
In fact
It applies to us, no exceptions.
*****
Economy, the noun
Economics, the theology
Economical, the adjective.
Sometimes I wonder the reel books of economics
Are they really useful tools to aid the ailing economy?
Consumer spending, govt spending, investments, exports, imports..
Monetary policies, fiscal policies..
Are they really useful for the real world?
One of my few favorite subjects in Uni..
But I actually dont see the practicality of these theories.
Either the real economy is too complicated for economical living..
Or the economy is simply made up of M.O.N.E.Y.
That is, the main policy driving the whole economy.
While the rest of the policies are just diplomatic tools to pacify the people..
Blown up and glorified.
We're listed as the second most expensive city in Asia.
Overtaking Hong Kong in the third place..
Well..
Is that something to be proud of?
*****
Life comes to a dreaded standstill..
The appalling side of human behaviours
Often exposed only after a prolonged period of time.
It's either you only see the black or you open yourself to try accepting the white.
Just a switch of the mindset,
But necessary to get the mood back on track.
*****