It was cold..
We walked down the peaceful and quiet streets.
Holidays are never dampened, no matter how freezing the weather was.
In fact, the colder the better.
As we walked back to the ryokan..
We were starving.
Perhaps it was the weather
Perhaps it was the long walk
Or perhaps it was the good mood that whet up the appetite.
We saw this random ramen shop out of nowhere.
With a poster that flutter in the wind..
I was reluctant to go in at first.
I was looking for...soba.
Not a ramen fan at that point in time..
But this authentic shop was one that was infused with a deep Japanese culture.
And we would not miss it in the world.
I took a sip of the soup..
And started digging into the curly noodles, slurping noisily.
My my my..
The perfect soup warmed the whole of me..
That feeling, that sensation, that ambience.*****
Back in SG,
We have been trying to search for that similar ramen experience.
Nothing was close.
Sometimes the soup was right, but the noodle was not.
Sometimes the noodle was right, but the soup was pure oily sodium torture.
And most of the time,
After a full local ramen meal..
I often felt like a walking MSG mascot.
One fine day,
Because of some detouring and we did not manage to do what we need to do..
We ended up at Suntec.
After pondering what on earth to eat for dinner..
I asked if he wanted to try out Sapporo Ramen which I came across while randomly surfing net.
Located at a secluded corner of Suntec Tower 4 (near Carrefour), we popped in without much expectations.
The interior was very plain.
White walls brown wooden benches.
No fancy deco.
Even the menu holds only ramen and a few sides.
Shin-Sapporo RamenMenu features four common ramen soup bases - miso (traditional mix of fermented soybean pastes), tonkotsu (rich creamy porkbone broth), shoyu and shio (the Shoyu and Shio soup bases both contain seafood and pork broth) and it also boasts a variety of of noodles which are made fresh daily.


The noodles were not perfect
But all the soups were pretty close to the authentic Hokkaido ones =)
So close we have already dined there twice.
And of course,
The best of the menu has to be..
Hurhurhur..

*****