Wednesday, September 22
Just pondering
Am I very evil to keep my mouth shut and not pointing out the silly mistakes of others..?
I thought reading, listening and understanding are very important elements to good efficiency and productivity..
But they really failed tremendously..
Sighz I fear karma..
Shalt speak no more.
*****
Was still feeling shit yesterday from attending a meeting has totally no relevance to my current scope..
Marketing textbooks have been shelved to the deepest corners of who-knows-where..
A thick layer of dust has further accumulated on my jaded brain, on the old books, on my academic memory..
The 2 presenters must be thinking what on earth has a Logistics personnel got anything to do with branding..?
And I simply cannot stand attending a meeting without any knowledge of the topic to be discussed.
I just felt, useless.
That was still how I felt when I entered the second meeting of 3 presenters today..
Till this Caucasian lady made my day.
She was the managing director of the company..
In fact all 3 of them made my day =)
Caucasians usually give me an intimidating feel..
They towered over me, they don’t speak broken English, they make subtle jokes that are far too witty for us.
But somehow I was mesmerized by the way she speaks..
(The way one speaks is the first thing that attracts/turns me off)..
Slowly and steadily..
Never at once did I feel uncomfortable..
Because they wont allow that to happen..
Their level of EQ is sky high..
So one inspirer, one manager and one strategic planner..
Awesome presenters.
The team explained that they don’t go around blowing their trumpets..
The brands they revamped were given such an impressive uplift that we will never notice the driving force behind these brands.
Brands that dear and I thought they made good improvements recently were actually their clients o.0
She showed us their case studies and spoke of her clients endearingly..
No rehearsal, no scripts, no slides of lengthy words..
Her non-discriminating disposition is the main factor that puts us at ease..
She and her team looked at our name cards and commented it’s good that we (the boss, the HR and the Logistics) had actually come together from diverse positions.
In this way we could provide different perspectives to look at how the company should steer its direction.
Just like that, no airs, no judgment, no sales intention..
Something that was said so naturally that I was utterly won over..
Never had I thought I was useful in this pending project.
If resources were never an issue...
I would have gladly given anything to work with them.
Back in the Uni days
Marketing was just another subject that would determine the class of honors..
But today
She taught me the essence of the subject that I have never fully comprehended back then =)
*****
No matter how much I detest doing something I have absolutely no idea what on earth is going on..
Or something that I will have to put on a false front in front of my counterparts..
I have to admit I do learn along the way..
The young and youthful are filled with energy and life.
But most lacked experience.
Experience comes with time..
And ironically, it leaves us jaded.
So if given a choice
Would you trade wisdom for innocence..?
*****
Labels: office, thoughts, work
irony @
11:20 PM