The ten days of hiatus..
No specific plans..
Ran a lot of errands, roamed about few places, did some spiritual detoxification, read my novels..
Other than that..
No inspiringly big fulfillments
Just frequent staring into space..
Stoning is actually quite a luxury nowadays..
*****
Managed to do something that I have been wanting to do for a while.
Met up with my crazy partner in crime during her lunch..
Hahaha..
She suggested Whole Earth Vegetarian which was near her office.
Just nice, it was the 15th day of the lunar calendar =)
The aroma of lemongrass greeted my nose the minute I stepped in.
The vicinity was white, very refreshing and clean.
Suki came few minutes after I settled down.
We looked through the menu and these were what we decided upon unanimously.
Fragrant fried Olive Brown Rice
Fried abalone mushrooms with crispy and refreshing lemongrass batter.
The standard vegetarian mutton curry.
Sumptuous, what more can I say..
I was quite amazed when she brought out her Nikon DSLR to lunch..
LOL
See how much fun it has brought us..
Last but not least,
Our last picture together for 2009 =D
After lunch..
Popped by Bugis.
I literally roamed whatever shopping area I could find there.
First up it was Haji Lane.
Haha yea I finally found the chance to pop by again.
The lady at Concept Story recognized me..
And damn she told me that hat was sold two days after we left during our last visit =(
Then off to Bugis Street.
Which I absolutely have no idea
How did I grow to abhor that crowded and noisy place selling horrid quality pricey goods..?!
Bugis Junction was much better =D
Just weird how many hundreds of people were on leave with me -.-
*****
Expo =)
PS: I really loved the way dinner was packed for the audience..
*****
I did a day of volunteer work on New Year Day with mommy and bros though..
It was the festival of offering alms to monks.
We sorted out the mountains and mountains of offerings by the worshippers into their various categories..
Rice, salt, cereals, dry herbs..
Which would then be brought to the respective old folks homes, orphanages when all the segregations were done.
Well, the thing about volunteer work is that..
You dont get any monetary benefits out from your efforts.
And that makes everything easier.
The time passes by easily without any dread..
Nor any petty calculations that it was time to knock off, and yes the must to go off on time.
There is no time frame in fact.
You dont get praises nor scoldings from the organizers..
Only their utmost sincere gratitude.
Everyone respects one another here..
No expectations, no disputes.
This mutual respect, priceless.
You dont find any bossy people eager to take the lead.
Everyone is open to suggestions.
No hierarchy, no definitions.
Work is merely work..
Harmony is the key.
A form of enjoyable peace and freedom indeed.
*****