<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Thursday, January 7

2009 a year came and gone without acute realisation.

Took me almost a week to tune my routine back.
It's always easy to plunge yourself with adrenaline into the holiday mood, but damn hard to climb back up.
Life has been like that.
What goes up will come down.
The transience, impossible to ignore.

All of us look forward to holidays..
Then indulge mercilessly in making merry.
But life will eventually return back to normal, back to work, back to sick reality..
And the aftermath feeling?
Sometimes even harder to bear..

*****

The past decade saw relations deteriorate.
How my relatives turned into two congregations, left me amazingly dumbfounded..
Playing the tug of war over the most minor issues..
Picking bones in eggs, creating storms in a teacups..
I said I will not get involved, which we cousins all did.

During my absence in office to the second chunk of leave,
I received a sms from my colleague.
Apparently,
One of my uncles turned up at my office to pass me a "brown paper bag"..
When he knew that I was not around,
He brought the bag home informing my colleague that he would return when I'm back in office.

I admit my heart skipped a beat to the sms,
Praying that it was nothing negative from that tug of war.
Then few days later over the weekends,
The same uncle came to my house to pass us that same "brown paper bag".

It was.. ..
A bag filled with Hokkaido goodies..!
Personally from my aunt and uncle who were on the other side of the war.

What have we done to deserve such affectionate pamper in the midst of these disputes..?
That overwhelming feeling was too vivid to ignore.
Very immediately,
I saw the whole chain of events leading to this sweet kindness.

Just end 2008,
I was planning in Hokkaido what nice goodies I could get that would be worthy enough for my aunt and uncle..
Since young,
They have been so awesomely lovely towards my brothers and I..
Always showering us with gifts and food stuff..
And how I never forget my aunt's birthday,
Always surprising her with bouquet of flowers to her office..
This is how kindness snowballs,
At least I thought..

It has to begin somewhere with someone initiating the very first step.

My aunt and uncle began it,
And I ascertain that all of us will reciprocate it.

If only that applies to ending all hostilities..
If only someone would similarly give in to the tug of war to end it..

I called my aunt to thank her immediately..
The tremble in my voice was obvious.
My mind searching for the right words to say to really show my gratified appreciation..
Guessed my heart felt so much more than what my mouth could carry..

*****

2009
No resolutions were made hence nothing to fulfill and none failed.
Perhaps I shall just keep it that way for 2010..
Of corse not forgetting the motto "Just do it" which I'm still following religiously..
Perhaps this was how my new experiences in 2009 were made possible..

2009
A year of brand new consciousness..
Virgin trips to concerts and Esplanade performances with dear.
First attempt at hot yoga with Suki, and first time participating mass runs with CG..
Loads and loads of new dresses bought..
Start to love reading again..
First liberation session with the whole family..
First hi tea indulgence, first 3D movie..
A year of pleasant surprises made and received..
Began an eating spree from hungrygowhere and LadyIronChef..
And the best of all,
I thought I would not be able to do it by 2009 but I did with pride..

I bought my parents and Ming a trip to Hong Kong in Jan 2010 =)

It will be a simple trip, but it represents a childhood promise..
That I will one day bring them to countries they have never been to before..
This child's dream came about when mommy once told me when we grow up,
We will probably fly with our friends, not them anymore..

Too much time's been wasted on pondering and aimless contemplation.
Planning is an absolute waste of time if there is no ultimate execution.

Life's short, so just do it.

*****

Labels: ,

irony @
11:10 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*