Surprisingly
Daddy asked if we wanted to go Ling Zhi for dinner..
Since the last dinner there, we thought daddy did not like the place..
It was ala carte this time round =)
The whole satisfying meal came up to around 20 per person, half priced of what the buffet offers.
We idled for a while..
Shooting random shots again..
Then I suggested bringing them to somewhere for light desserts near Novena Square =p
Funny how Daddy and Mommy used to lead the way as the four kids tagged behind..
Almost every weekend,
They never failed to bring us for cycling at Yishun reservoir, swimming at Yio Chu Kang complex and finally a causal dinner at the Thomson food centre =)
What sweet reminiscence that is.
Then as we grow older..
Each of us had our share of busy schedules..
During the day,
We will be running errands, studying, working outside etc..
Then nightfalls come only to find the young ones facing our laptops intently..
A little difficult to coordinate on last minute meals as partial concentration is usually diverted away..
All of them have never been to Udders.
And how often can I get the whole family to do something new together..
A scene of familiar switched roles.
Especially for mommy and daddy, who have never been to such hang out places..
Daddy and the brothers, laughing away at idle jokes.
Mommy and I chatting to our usual daily routines.
Hence that very few overwhelming moments,
I was really very thankful that we were walking towards Udders in the cooling quiet night, enjoying each others' company.
Interestingly,
Udders has changed their "food for thoughts" in the photo frames on the table..
Perhaps it has been there for a while, but we had fun reading them =)
How true for our neighbours' corporation =p
*****
Daddy's birthday passed.
Come January will be mommy's birthday.
Birthdays are considered scary now..
Especially when you hope that your aging parents stay happy and healthy..
And that some forces up there will allow you to keep them a little longer..
And that becomes your biggest wish year after year after year..
Sometimes I cannot help but I would stop to observe mom and dad's facial lines..
50 and 60 used to look like an age that is so old..
But not anymore as your parents approached that age..
I wished..
*****