<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Monday, July 20

Strands like hay
Yellow sunken frays..
Finally set out to do something which I had put off for a long time.

Don's manhunt stylist.
A new change.

Yes we went to the salon together.
He did a hair cut..
I did a cut, dye and treatment..
Total damage $128.
Farewell Kimage!!

*****

Funny how I get this feeling every time I stepped into town.
Sometimes overwhelmed, sometimes awed.
Sometimes losing control, sometimes lost.
The bustling zone is filled with huge temptations indeed.
Losing yourself is never a hard thing to do so.

I watched the passerbys scurry past me..
Going bersek to the four letter word.
A lil gesture of goodwill to soften the effect of extreme multiple markups..
Which is all it takes to bring the crowd back.
The big names, flashing the cards, the bags of loot..
You'd start pondering..
Was there even a recession few months back to begin with?

Shopping with the dude was a brand new experience for me.
This fella has got damn expensive tastes with no matching abilities to spend.
Albeit I finally understood where he was coming from.
Quality matters a hell lot to him.
And we could only window shop and further tempt our very poor (pun intended) selves.

For the very first time..
I stepped into AX at Ngee Ann City basement.
Woooo the price tags existed without any responsibilities.
The shop was..surprisngly not empty.
I could very well add a decimal place in between the digits and still feel that the items were over priced.
Define the power of branding.
They do ridiculous wonders.

Women ungraciously swamped the floors of Zara.
Flipping hangers across the metals bars with robotic rude forceful hands..
You name it they have it.
Ignoring those apparels that fell to the ground.
Spotting haughty expressions, voracious appetites unsatisfied.

Men stood near the pillars of Mango.
Waiting, uncertain.
Trying to hide their disgusted impatience.
While their female counterparts penetrated through the crowd smoothly.
Some grabbing the maximum number of apparels allowed to join the fitting room queue,
oblivious to their partners' wrath.
Attempting to find something of a significant price reduction,
If it was just for the sake of buying.

Sad to say,
It seems image and status hold the greatest priority for the modern people now.
What really goes on in their minds..
No one knew.
Whether purchases are subconsciously used to fill their inccreasingly emptied souls..
No one could tell.

This is but the life of a city dweller.

*****

I roamed the streets on a Friday.
Trying to brush the accumulated drudgery away.
Been feeling out of sorts recently.

Don said he was hungry, again.
I asked him any preferences..
If he needed any hot rice or noodles for dinner..

Unanimously,
We decided on bread since he was a huge Subway fan.
This came to my mind.



So how did the food taste to him?
LOL



He told me if he stepped out of the restaurant smiling..
It only meant he was satisfied..
My my..
Did that sound like a huge ego..?
LOL
But with such comical and explosive reactions,
I really didnt mind giving treats to my family and friendsevery now and then.

The day ended very quickly..
This was all about town.



*****

Labels: , ,

irony @
4:36 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*