Running into the stillness of the night..
Nothing elaborated.
Just me,
My gears and my consistent breathing.
Pacing my steps rhythmically..
The incredibly straight road with absolute zero gradient..
Utterly adored the route..
I love night runs.
Setting my focus on the person in front..
Taking a leap whenever I had the chance..
And nothing else mattered at that point in time.
On and off
I felt the cold sweat sweep over me..
It didn’t feel right,
but I pushed on.
As the intuition of 7-8km sink in..
The soreness in the inner back thighs became phenomenal..
But I sadistically dig it.
And I refused to stop.
As the long winding barricades came to sight..
And the sound of the cheering crowd became evident..
The finishing line buried amidst the bright lights..
Illuminating spotlights,
flashing camera lights..
I savored the moment luxuriously.
And I crossed the line more vehemently than ever.
Feels damn damn good..

It has got to be one of the best runs to date.
The first run of 2009.
Our second 10km run..

*****