Wednesday, April 8
One of the working Fridays when we lived like royalties..
Jurong Point for lunch as usual..
This time round I remembered to bring my cammie along..
OldTown White Coffee
One fine day Suki and I were talking about coffee..
Then she informed me that NTUC finally decides to shelf this OldTown instant white coffee..
I am not a coffee addict, but the name rung pretty well in my head.
Then dear and I found its F&B outlet at the new JP extension.
Given that there are already 121 outlets to date, mostly in Malaysia, particularly 4 outlets in Singapore..
The F&B concept is not that new as we thought it to be, but it was a nice change for us from the usual Ya Kun or Toastbox.
Dear had very much become ermm a chicken man..
No one can fight the frequency of him eating Toastbox's curry chicken..=p
This was the second time we patronized the outlet.
He ordered their special nasi lemak and 2 single toasts with 2 eggs for me =)
It was also the first time I tried the OldTown white coffee freshly brewed at the store
And damn, it was good!
We also ordered the Xi Mut milk tea and it was a scently taste that was different from Ya Kun and Toastbox.
The toast and the eggs
I'm a bread-over-rice person.
Ya Kun toast was the first I ever tried.
I thought even Toastbox could not match its toast..
Surprisingly,
I thought OldTown was really on par with that of Ya Kun =)
Mildly chocolate flavoured bread, toasted nicely..
Slapped on with light kaya and reasonable dosage of butter.
One will not get sick of the toast like you usually would with Ya Kun.
The eggs came in a small bowl, with thick dark sauce (not salty) served beside the eggs.
Light sauce is provided on every table for those who like a little more salty pinch.
I enjoyed my lunch very well.
The Nasi Lemak Speical
The food popped out exactly from the menu.
Nothing less.
Dear took the first bite and yes the exclamation came.
The chilli was damn appetizing.
And the rice was very tender =)
The whole serving was generous to a fault.

On another occasion, we went there and I tried their Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun..
Oh my, that was pretty soothing on the stomach as well..
Not to mention the soup was fantastic.
The downside of OldTown was the heavy burden on the pockets.
Quite pricey for the drinks.
Plus they had service charges and the prices on the menu exclude GST charges.
And the staff there seriously have to find ways to improve on ventilation.
But I guessed that the ability to command such a high price lies with the confidence they had with their food.
The variety is there, the unique taste is evident, and the locality is definitely close.Be prepared to see more of them around Singapore soon =D
And you have to check out their site..
So nicely done up..Scroll the pages with the coffee bean..
Anyone up to buy their licence? =p
OldTown White Coffee
*****
That very same evening..
Chilled out at Starbucks Woodlands Civic Centre..
Our favourite soy green tea latte and the usual blueberry muffin and uglier chicken puff =p
An additional perk shalt be the sinful and tiny savory chocolate lava cake with hidden oozing rich chocolate fudge.
Dear went to ask for another two packs of coffee grounds..
And dont you think we went a little too overboard on meals recently o,0

*****
irony @
9:03 AM