Early October was Ming's 21st Bday..
Took pains to plan for his birthday a week before..
Relatives' politics, disputes and foolish adult games dampened my mood a hell lot..
Plus daddy's reluctance to hold a party for an already disappointed him, I had to do it myself.
Just aint fair to Ming cos Don and I had that celebration before.
Caterer, venue, budget..
I had the sources,
But pooling everything together and making sure everything runs smoothly without hiccups was the real challenging part.
Ming has his clique of really good basketball buddies who helped him with the deco of the place..
Just look at the words on the wall, who says sportsmen lack creativity..
They had blown the balloons to a controlled small size and then adhering bit by bit to the wall that eventually spelt 21st.
Simple but it was a sincere effort made.
Very nicely done up =)
But
Sadly to say,
I ordered an appetizing buffet that could not contain the voracious appetite of the guests..
What a wicked and unkepmt generousity.
My inexperience as such really drew strong disapprovals from my grandma and aunts..
That even incited my aunt to shoot a phone call straight to the caterer the very next working morning demanding the lack of food o.0
It was purely a mistake on my part, not theirs.
Dear even had to drive me out to buy $60 worth of KFC to top up the deficit..
And snapped up the very minute it touched the prolonged empty buffet trays.
Haiz, but I really really appreciate dear's help around the whole event.
As usual,
Daddy made his most diplomatic speech as he did during mine and Don's..
He had one more speech to make 4 years down the road =p
And oh did I mention that I had a very good sleep that very night...
*****
irony @
3:20 PM