<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Tuesday, August 19


Always loved an album that has got a unique theme to it..

This time round,
Coldplay has gotten a new experiment to add on to their establishments..

Viva la Vida

An attempt out of their comfort zone..

Kings and Roman Catholic,
Cemeteries and the undead,
Soldiers buried in armor,
The Jerusalem and Churches..
No longer the band’s familiar monotonous guitar strumming that was so prominent in Coldplay’s music.
Viva depicts the end of the empire, a tyrannical king overthrown and left to the streets..
A victim of revolution expressed poignantly with a big orchestral mix..
Very nicely done..

The lead vocalist Chris Martin,

Plunges his musky voice to an all time low octave, only to be replaced by dramatic melodies thereafter..
All backed up by his unanimously faultlessly synergised band.
Their previous songs always don a tinge of pain or yearning a hope..
But perhaps this album is a peace anthem to how wars will eventually turn out to be..
Or maybe kudos to those valiant soldiers still stranded out there..

The whole album is mainly a deep inset of the European culture..
A country which is so richly filled with history and traditions..

Buildings and architecture so delicately crafted with artful frescos and symbolic sculptures.
All these gave the new album a distinctive zest to which they called theirs..
That is Coldplay.

Enjoy this inspiring piece..
(Viva la Vida live at Amsterdam)



*Viva la Vida*

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
Missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People could not believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries Wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

(Ohhhhh Ohhh Ohhh)

Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringings
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

*****
irony @
3:59 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*