<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Thursday, December 27

Taking a walk down memory lane


Nothing could express the eagerness to see them again at that night’s dinner..
No matter how much we drifted apart, my heart has always opened to them..
I love them, they moulded my past..

I saw them at the wedding, and could practically visualise the faces ten years back.
Yes, we are old enough to have a couple of ten years..
Yes, ten years to the people whom grew up with me, whom slogged out projects together, whom skipped classes together, whom failed exams together, whom cried together..

Albeit living different lives now, we understood each other at a distance..
That point in time when we met again, priceless.
The realisation how much we grew and matured sent a bolt of static down each and everyone of us.
We were not the best of friends, but worthy friends enough.

Adelene and I

She was already very pretty then, and started designing her own prom gown..
But I was horribly charcoaled and chubby..
Hated that bee hived hairstyle they did for me during prom..
Since then, I have never really trusted studio makeovers..


Geraldine and I

An end of the year J1 chalet by the late Ms Hamimah..
I once thought that I looked nice in that 8 years ago picture..
-,-
The Folks

I thought the past is always a sweet memory no matter how ugly ducklings we were..
Worth looking back =)
Hope they wont kill me for it..



Birou and I

We knew each other for 12 years..



11 years ago, our first outing to Victoria Concert Hall..
And we both thought that ankle-cut black shoes were very cool..
现在打死我都不穿..

10 years ago, YTSS held its very first Retro Musical Night..
We began carrying the similar clothed bags and wearing my very first pair of jeans..
First time in my life letting my shoulder length hair down..

9 years ago, we organised our first time outing to Orchard in high socks and high cut shoes (again), all because we were too poor to afford a real pair of boots.
We thought that high socks can make the legs look slimmer, donning weird looking sunglasses, planning to take nice pictures for all graduating autograph books..

8 years ago, at a JC chalet trying to do an Indian movie out of that palm tree..
We happened to be studying for the following Monday's bombshell Econs test..
Not surprising, those who turned up at the chalet flunked badly..

*****
This, is a real classic



My project mates..
Still remembered we did the project of which liquid took the least time to freeze.
All of us were really goofy then, with huge specs and stiff hair.
And I was ultimately extremely incredibly black and baked!

Gosh..
Time and tide wait for no one..
Bro said beauty is a hyperbole..
Perhaps it is..
Maybe ten years from now, we'll be auntish and then back to the same old look and hairstyle, envying the now pictures..
Or maybe we will look back at the now pictures in morbid mortification..

Change is a metamorphosis not to be underestimated..
It is unnerving and appalling!
Photography is sometimes a sweet reminiscence, and yet sometimes an indicator that we are aging fast..

*****
irony @
3:55 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*