<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Friday, July 27

26 July 07
Exactly 3 years..
Did not realise it till she asked..

*****

A chilly jog into the dark, felt slightly better..
Having the wind in my face, is a form of solace to the daily toll and drudgery..
My mind, a blank, my body, tired..
But I pushed on like a sadistic commando will do..
Mind over body, just that was wondering where my mind went to..
Then it came.
For a split second the picture of me being an athletic victim clutched by a sudden collapse pierced into me..
Perhaps I'm losing my independence gradually, perhaps I'm scared..
Have you ever got stuck in a position where you are dying to get out but cannot do so?

*****

An ermm..interesting conversation:

She: You look really quiet..
Me: (Smile) ...
She: Are you really 25?
Me: Yes
She: You look really young lei
Me: Uh no la..I'm old le, feel old..
She: I'm 5 years older than you..
Me: Oh isit?
She: Yes, and my eldest son is already 10..
Me: Oh isit? You dont look like you are married..
She: Oh yes..show you..
(Takes out her hp enthusiastically, showed me the wallpaper of her 3 kids)
Me: (Looked surprised)
She: Think I have to treat you to tea le..
Me: Uh me too..(-,-)

After some silence and when I tried to look out of the window..

She: You seldom take the bus eh?
Me: Uh..yea..
She: You always work OT ah, how come I always see that the emails you send out are always very late de..
Me: (Astounded) Huh..Oh isit? Very late??
She: Yes..always after 5 de..
Me: (Whoa..!) ...

Silence again..

She: How long have you been working here?
Me: 3 years, oh ya..3 years exactly..
She: Oh..then this is your first job?
Me: Yea..
She: Oh so you joined this company when you are 22?
Me: (=__=) Uh yea..

Finally she alighted..

Me: (Finally peace)

I felt bad for having an extremely unenthusiastic response..
But I just dont feel like talking..
Three years ago, I was thrown questions by a senior as if I was to be matchmade to her son..
And now a recently joined coll did the same to me, again..
Do I look so very interesting or enigmatic that people want to know more about me?

(*Scratch head*)
irony @
2:32 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*