We were at Changi Jetty waiting to set off to liberate crabs that were just being imported into Sg and waiting to be shipped to restaurants to await their fateful destiny.
I honestly dont understand
why people love to eat crabs even after all the reports that crabs feed on dead bodies and that people can rot and die from their lethal bacteria..
They do look nice when they come right out steaming hot from the chef's sanctuary, but that's because the chef uses culinary skills to add sauce and chilli and butter to make it look nice..
Why cant people see that it is the sauce that makes food taste nice
And how many know that they really smell like dead bodies when they are still alive..
I can swear they smell really bad, because I was there..
For the second time..
Sitting comfortably in the boat
I looked at the cramped boxes that the crabs were being dumped into for import
They were tied tightly with NO movement at all, their eyes merely stared straight at us..
Emotions welled up in me..
We are really horrible human beings..
I was brought back to the kitchen few years back
I was there when the chopper went down on them
That's it..
NO MORE crabs for me..
We stopped at an amicable location where the netting of seafood is restricted and began liberating them..
Gosh, they are defintely heavy...
With no experience of handling crabs and with such tight thread around them, we struggled like crazy..
Some of the crabs even stayed at the plank after we freed them, not wanting to go..
Some glided through the waters happily..
Watching them go freely is an unexplanable happiness..
We completed what we set out to do..
The journey back home..
Peace at heart
irony @
2:30 PM