<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14883554?origin\x3dhttp://satiricalmelancholy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photobucket


Saturday, April 22

Entering the Jap realm..
OOh..finally..the start of my journey to a promotion from a bilinguist to a multi one..
(What about my Cantonese..?? -__-''')

Seems like I've lost touch with what you called the most basic ettiquette of classroom behaviour..or rather classroom necessities to complement the behaviour..I went to class without anything to take notes..??! No proper pencil case, no note pads..no erasers..no rulers +_+
Needless to say..the short notes and broken English-form of Japanese were all scribbled onto whatever spaces I could ever find on the textbook..with pen and pencil circles..cancellations..underlined slanted lines..esterisks..etc etc..
*Tsk tsk tsk*

Though fun..
It's not that easy too..
Given that we have lived a quarter of our lives using the international language..
I have to get used to the pace of the class fast..raised my ears up straight similar to that of an "i nu" (dog) to adapt to the muffled and strong-accented voice of Kyooshi when she speaks English..
But when you hear her in her mother tongue..
It only makes you feel like wanting to know more about this beautiful language..

*****

“What have I put myself into..??”

The class started with the most basic of all languages..
Numbers..
I thought I enrolled the wrong class when the whole class started chanting:
"Ichi, ni, san, yoong, gou, loko, nana, hachi, que, juui.."
Isnt this supposed to be an elementary class..??
So as Kyooshi commented..yea..the class is good with numbers..I muttered under my breath.."Yea right.."

Then we practised around the desk..
"Hajimenmashite..June desu..Onamaewa..?"
"June san wa..dozo yoroshiku..onegaishimasu.."
And so the question carried on around the desk with heavily English accented trying-to-sound-Japanese Jap..

I was beginning to get the kick of it..then came a second set of notes..=X
For a long time..
I havent gotten that feeling of dread when you know kyooshi was going to ask you a question to which you may not be able to answer in front of the whole class..
The familiar chill shot down my spine..and palms turned cold..
Weird..I'm now grown up and shouldnt feel this way..hmmm...this time..
"Doko e ikundeska..?"
Going to places of interest never seemed so difficult to answer until now..
We moved on to the art of Hiragana..here comes more head churning moments..trying hard to match which symbol belongs to which pronunciation..@_@
Gosh..and we have to learn how to memorise..read..write..according to the
"Periodic Table" of Jap mastery(mystic writing)..
Immediately..the thought of getting a small squared exercise book crossed my mind..back to basics..where we first learnt to write Chinese characters..
I was actually quite motivated by that..^,^
At the end of our lessons..
"Owarimashoo.."
Kyooshi said Sayonara to me..I vividly remembered I had to return her greetings..
But..what was that.."Shit....something" word??
Then Dear reminded me..
"Shitsureeshimasu.."

Honestly speaking..
Chinese is more difficult..
If I could conquer my mother tongue reasonably well..I dont see why I cannot for Jap..
The bottomline for me..
I am determined to make it work..

*****
irony @
3:50 PM

Multiply Galleria



Readz

LadySuki
Yanz
Odin Choy
Dominique


Freqlinkz

Singapore Airlines
Thesaurus
Song Lyrics
Facebook
Photobucket
The Food Guide

Shopz

Love Bonito
Agneselle
Catwalkclose
Tracy Einny
Love and Bravery
Thevelvetdolls
The Tinsel Rack
Megagamie
VainGlorious You
Miss Pixie
Ohvola
ATBU

Fashion & Lifestylez

The Blonde Salad
Gary Pepper VIntage
Jessica Michibata
Fashiontoast
StockholmStreetStyle
Sea Of Shoes
The Sartorialist
Cherryblossomgirl
The Travel Passion




Yearnz

Sakura in Kyoto and Osaka
Skiing in Hokkaido
Skiing in Switzerland
Midnight sun in Norway
Museums and artifacts in Rome
Manchester in London
Windmills in Holland
Dairy farms in New Zealand
Niagara Falls in Canada
Maui beaches in Hawaii
Beaches in Maldive Islands

*Please make me a millionaire*