Monday, February 13
The Dinner and Dance
They let their hair down..too down..for fellow workmen laid sprawled on the narrow pavements in a nauseous postures..with the indigested beer or wine threatening to overflow out of their long intestines..through the oesophagus and staining the teeth..A very perfect example of no self control..Simply, alcohol magnifies the emotions within..
*****
So far this was the first full D&D that I had attended..though bored..(since I had nothing much in common to talk to my counterparts), being the so diplomatic me..I absorbed every single detail on the standard routine of D&Ds..who knows one day I may be one of the main organisers. Putting that aside..and looking beside me..I was awkward..I was uncomfortable..but I just kept quiet for the whole night..how come I felt so responsible for his boredom..? He was right..he could have done something else instead of attending that function..I could very well attend the dinner by myself..and could very well fend off unwanted attention at the ballroom..myself..(reminds me of one sickening fella..had to squeeze in every picture that I was in..-__- ) perhaps of his presence I must admit..that one sickening fella did not come bothering me thereafter..
Mixed emotions bugged me..as if I had drunk alcohol..(I touched none). On the very contrast..I wished I was really drunk..so that I can let myself go and be oblivious to the "variety" of attitudes around me..one bothered me a great deal..the rest were concerned with making merry out of nothing..Is posing for a simple picture very difficult..? Cynical comments flowed like free flow Carlsberg..it may not hit the target..but it did impact me..One toast and then back to the hp..as if looks can kill..they were staring at me..for whatever reasons..they were uneasy..I had butterflies in my stomach..I cringed..I wished I was really in solitude..I felt awful..Bosses go around the tables to toast with wine..and were quite mortified that I used chinese tea..??! Cameramen moved from table to table..we posed..smiled sweetly..and then back to the same old bored face the minute the cameras' flash off..
One thing for sure..unexpected..my sudden sheer of luck..lucky draw lot 161..which initially seemed to be missing from the fish bowl..was still wondering where the heck did my lucky draw go to? All the ladies had already gotten their prizes..and they were quite exclamatory about me being the last one to get my prize..for me..I just thought..perhaps they misplaced it..perhaps they had already called out that number during my long stints in the ladies..nah..it came..and this was what I got..the 4th prize..

Fujifilm F460
I knew most of the prizes beforehand..even though I wished for none..this additional camera is good enough to interswitch with my Olympus..my brothers could use it and so could I..at the same time..I did not see the need till this moment..still..I definitely did not look and feel like someone who had won such a prize..Numbed utterly..
*****
Sometimes..things that you yearned for it day and night wouldnt come..like a mule..it simply just wouldnt budge..nor even come close..
irony @
2:32 AM